We don’t need a special occasion to make good food at my house. But when a special occasion does present itself, there are several staples that we pull out again and again.
This Three Cheese Pasta Bake is the perfect decadent side dish for special meals. My family always saved this bad boy for special occasions like Easter or Christmas Eve (and my birthday this year, Mom… please…) I whipped up a pan to be a side for our Basil Butter Chicken I made last week.
- 1 (16-ounce) package ziti
- 2 (10-ounce) containers refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 and 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
Prepare ziti according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
Stir together Alfredo sauce and sour cream; toss with ziti until evenly coated. Spoon half of mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
Stir together ricotta cheese and next 3 ingredients; spread evenly over pasta mixture in baking dish. Spoon remaining pasta mixture evenly over ricotta cheese layer; sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.